| bbbonline privacy disclaimer|
bbbonline makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes-the user's server address, the user's top level domain name (eg. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.), the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser used.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider's logs.
bbbonline will only record your email address if you send us a message or if you register for any of the site's interactive tools. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list. We will not use your e-mail address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
bbbonline utilises technology called cookies when you visit our site. Cookies are small pieces of information which can be stored on your hard drive (persistent cookies) or in memory (session cookies). They can record information about your visit to the site, allowing it to remember you next time you visit and provide a more meaningful experience.
We use two types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies - identify pages accessed and provide personalised features, for example recognising if you have already voted on the site poll 'Have your Say'. They are used to help us develop the design and layout of the web site, improve applications, and measure their effectiveness.
- Session cookies - are used for maintaining contact with a user through a session and allows bbbonline to recognise you as an individual as you move from one page to another. That way, you don't have to continuously logon to the various parts of the site when you're using it. At the end of your session, you may leave this site to go to another web site, or you may close your browser. When you do this the cookie is immediately deleted. If you do not finish or close your session (ie stay logged on), the web site will automatically log you off after about 20 minutes. The cookie stored within your browser will expire when you close your web browser.
- If you wish to utilise the features of bbbonlines Internet Site that enable us to personalise the site for you, you must use a browser which is enabled to accept cookies.
- That some browsers can be configured to allow cookies to be accessed by servers other than the originating server.
- That most browsers can also be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received, allowing you to either accept or reject it.
- A more comprehensive explanation of cookies generally can be found at the site of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
bbbonline, through its website, invites people to provide personal information through feedback forms, subscription forms, or for other specified purposes. The information will only be used for those purposes originally intended.
If you prefer to use an alternative means of delivery, you can send the information via the councils normal communications methods; i.e. mail, phone or fax. If you take this approach, please make it clear which part of the website you are responding to.
Telephone: 03 5327-9413
bbbonline endeavours to implement the highest levels of security to protect your privacy while using this website. However it should be noted that there is an inherent risk associated with the use of an insecure public network such as the World Wide Web. Though minor, the potential does exist that a user's transactions (including e-mail's) may be viewed, intercepted or modified by a third party.
Again, if you prefer to use an alternative means of delivery, you can send the information via the councils normal communications methods; i.e. mail, phone or fax. If you take this approach, please make it clear which part of the website you are responding to.
Telephone: 03 5327-9413
External sites that are linked to or from this site are not under this sites control and you are advised to review their privacy statement.
Intellectual Property Notice
Copyright © 2004 bbbonline. All rights reserved.
Upon signing up for the bbbonline pilot program you agree to adhere the conditions of copyright as specified below.
bbbonline either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips, images and other content that is made available to you on our Web site, or has obtained the permission of the owner of such content to use it on the bbbonline site.
You may copy, download, print or reproduce the content on this Web site for non-commercial, personal, research or educational purposes. bbbonline grants you this ‘limited licence’ provided that:
- you do not modify any such content
- you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this limited licence
- you do not make or sell copies of the content for the purpose of commercial gain
- you do not include the content in or with any product that you create or distribute and
- you do not copy the content onto your or anyone else’s World Wide Web site.
You are welcome to create links to our Web site from your Web site. If you are using frames, please ensure that your links to our Web site do not, when activated, continue to display your frames around our Web pages.
For any other uses of the content on this site other than those permitted above, you must obtain the express permission of bbbonline via email to email@example.com